International University of Otago
11:35 AM Achieving Consistent and Sustainable Growth and Mitigating Institutional Risk through Diversification, Future Proof Strategy and Great Student Experiences
The University of Otago is the oldest university in New Zealand and has had consistent growth in the number of students coming in through the doors with a 7% increase. This has been largely due to a solid recruitment strategy that is aligned to the overall University outcomes, meaningful engagement with the students throughout their lifecycle, agents and other third parties. It is also focused on the student experience and ensuring that the recruitment managers are involved and accountable to ensure that expectations meet reality.
- Understanding the diversification strategy and the 20% cap in a bid to plan and inform recruitment and reduce institutional risk
- Forming and maintaining meaningful connections from the first point of contact across the whole life cycle: Making use of alumni networks
- Establishing a Code of Practice to ensure student experience is consistent with expectations
This session will investigate the tools and tactics that international student recruitment managers can employ to increase their conversion rates. It will also discuss the main breaking points that don’t lead to an enrolment from first point of contact and identify strategies to address this.
- Defining your ideal candidate and ensuring your activities target them
- Exploring marketing automation to maintain seamless contact throughout the recruitment cycle
- Collaborating with alumni, teaching staff and current students to improve engagement